Oliver 14 0 0 3 min to read

PBBM examines a housing development in Marikina

Cebuano Cebuano English English Filipino Filipino


In Barangay Nangka, Marikina City, on Friday, President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. oversaw an inspection of the government’s housing and land development project.

The “Bagong Sibol” housing project, which is part of the Marcos administration’s Pambansang Pabahay para sa Pilipino: Zero ISF (Informal Settler Family) 2028 Program, is anticipated to help 10,000 minimum wage workers and city government employees, according to a news release from the Office of the Press Secretary.

The five-hectare project’s launching was presided over earlier this month by Marikina City Mayor Marcelino Teodoro and Department of Human Settlements and Urban Development (DHSUD) Secretary Jose Rizalino Acuzar.

According to the DHSUD, the project might generate revenue for 80 related businesses, including cement, steel, and paint.

The Pambansang Pabahay para sa Pilipino Program seeks to alleviate a backlog in housing that is thought to number 6.5 million.

The DHSUD has been given a six-year, one million-unit annual building mandate by President Marcos. Housing users who qualify for the PHP36 billion yearly interest support from the national government will only be required to pay the principal and 1% of interest; the DHSUD will cover the remaining 99% of interest.

The initiative also supports the administration’s eight-point socioeconomic strategy, particularly in terms of job creation and utilizing the housing and real estate sector’s ability to stimulate the economy.

The DHSUD estimates that the administration’s housing policy will yearly create about 1.7 million jobs.


Cebuano Cebuano English English Filipino Filipino


***
We appreciate your reading. You may also consider sharing it with others.
Please comment below if you found this post interesting.
Be one of our DONOR / SPONSOR to support NextGenDay news website.
***
Please follow and like us:
error2
fb-share-icon
Tweet 2k
fb-share-icon20
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
error

Enjoy this blog? Please spread the word :)

0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x