Oliver 5 0 0 3 min to read

To increase local supply, BFAR approves the import of 25K MT of frozen fish.

Cebuano Cebuano English English Filipino Filipino


According to the Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources (DA-BFAR), the importation of 25,000 metric tons (MT) of frozen fish products has been authorized in order to meet local demand.

According to the BFAR, the importation that was authorized last week was done so in accordance with Special Order 1002 and during a closed fishing season.

The BFAR stated in a statement that the action was data-driven and essential to guarantee a sufficient supply in wet markets.

The Certificate of Necessity to Import (CNI) 25,000 MT of the specified fish commodities was issued, according to the BFAR, “to assure the continuing sufficient supply of fisheries commodities for Filipino consumers and to stabilize market prices.”

Frozen round scad, bigeye scad, mackerel, bonito, and moonfish are among the items that will be imported frozen; of these, 80% will go to businesses, and the remaining 20% will go to fishing cooperatives.

The Private Sector Advisory Council and DA-BFAR both conducted supply and demand evaluations on the suggested volume.

It also promised to enact stringent regulations to guarantee customer safety.

The BFAR also stated that “the DA-BFAR assures the consumer public that the importation and unloading activities will adhere to a stringent set of guidelines and will be strictly monitored by the BFAR and Philippine Fisheries Development Authority to ensure that the fish commodities that will enter the Philippine markets are safe for human consumption.”

The country will have a closed fishing season commencing on November 1 that will last until the end of January 2023.


Cebuano Cebuano English English Filipino Filipino


***
We appreciate your reading. You may also consider sharing it with others.
Please comment below if you found this post interesting.
Be one of our DONOR / SPONSOR to support NextGenDay news website.
***
Please follow and like us:
error2
fb-share-icon
Tweet 2k
fb-share-icon20
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
error

Enjoy this blog? Please spread the word :)

0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x