15 0 0 5 days ago 4 min to read

Pregnant women can receive PhilHealth benefits, according to Ledesma

Cebuano Cebuano English English Filipino Filipino

The Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PhilHealth) reminded people that women who are preparing to give birth can make use of a number of PhilHealth perks to assist shield them from financial risks as the nation observed National Women’s Month in March.

Expectant moms may take use of the Maternity Care Package (MCP), Normal Spontaneous Delivery (NSD) Package, or Antenatal Care Package, according to PhilHealth acting president and chief executive officer Emmanuel R. Ledesma Jr. (ACP).

MCP, according to Ledesma, is a benefit that covers all necessary medical treatment for expectant mothers throughout the antenatal period, all phases of labor, a typical delivery, and the immediate post-partum period, including follow-up appointments within 72 hours and one week after delivery.

In a news release on Tuesday, he stated that “this package may be accessed in hospitals for a case rate of PHP6,500, or in infirmaries, dispensaries, birthing homes, and maternity clinics for a PHP8,000 case rate.

He stated that professional costs would receive 40% of the case rate, with facility fees receiving the remaining 60%.

The NSD Package, on the other hand, provides coverage for crucial medical services within the first 72 hours and seven days following delivery for normal, low-risk vaginal deliveries.

The help package in approved hospitals also covers the caesarian section, complex vaginal delivery, breech extraction, and vaginal delivery after a caesarian section in addition to routine spontaneous deliveries.

According to him, the average cost of a caesarian section is PHP19,000, complex vaginal deliveries cost PHP9,700, and breech deliveries and vaginal deliveries following caesarian sections cost PHP12,120.

Ledesma stated that post-partum intrauterine device (IUD) insertion, which is also covered by the state insurer, is an option for moms who wished to practice family planning after giving birth.

IUD insertion has a case rate of PHP 2,000, which the doctor indicated might be considered a second case rate.

These can be obtained via accredited healthcare facilities, which include birthing homes, lying-in or maternity clinics, and infirmaries/dispensaries, according to Ledesma.

We appreciate your reading. 😊Simple Ways To Say Thanks & Support Us:

1.) ❤️Give a Tip. If you would like to make a small donation to support us, please give a tip thru PayPal at https://paypal.me/SocialBoostVA😊❤️

Subscribers in the Philippines can make donations to mobile number 0917 906 3081, by using the GCash website or GCash mobile application.

2.) Be one of our SPONSOR. We can published your promotions, PR stories/news articles with contact details as an additional exposure of your company products and services.

3.) 👍 Give this news article a Thumbs Up, Leave a Comment (at Least Five Words), and Share!


Cebuano Cebuano English English Filipino Filipino

Please follow and like us:
Tweet 2k
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Enjoy this blog? Please spread the word :)

Would love your thoughts, please comment.x