Metro Manila is now subject to a more relaxed GCQ
Malacañang stated on Thursday that the extra limitations in Metro Manila imposed under the general community quarantine (GCQ) status had been removed.
This arose when the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) agreed to propose to President Rodrigo Duterte the relaxation of restrictions in Metro Manila at a meeting on Wednesday.
In a video message, Presidential Spokeswoman Harry Roque, who also acts as the IATF-EID spokesperson, said that Metro Manila would be put under the more lenient GCQ beginning July 16.
From July 1 to 15, Metro Manila was put under GCQ “with certain restrictions.”
Beginning July 16, Rizal and Bulacan, which were also placed under GCQ “with certain limits,” would be placed under a more lenient GCQ, according to Roque.
From July 1 to 15, Puerto Princesa City, Zamboanga del Norte, Davao Oriental, Surigao del Sur, and the Dinagat Islands were placed under the more stringent modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ).
Baguio City, Apayao, Santiago, Isabela, Nueva Vizcaya, Quirino, Quezon, Batangas, Guimaras, Negros Occidentales, Zamboanga Sibugay, City of Zamboanga, General Santos City, Sultan Kudarat, Sarangani, Cotabato, South Cotabato, Agusan del Norte, Surigao del Norte, Agusan del Sur
Beginning July 16, Roque added, the “heightened restrictions” in Cavite would be removed as well.
Status of MECQ
Meanwhile, MECQ will be in effect in Iloilo City and Iloilo Province until July 22, according to Roque.
“Kung hindi po mag-improve ang ating mga numero, ito pong mabagong muli ang classification ng Iloilo City at Iloilo (If the numbers do not improve, ito pong mabagong lagi ang classification ng Iloilo City at Iloilo),” he added.
From July 16 to 31, MECQ will be in effect in Cagayan de Oro City, Davao Occidental, Davao de Oro, Davao del Sur, Davao del Norte, and Butuan City, according to Roque.
‘With heightened limitations,’ says GCQ
Laguna, on the other hand, will be under GCQ “with heightened limitations” until the end of July, according to Roque.
Cagayan, Lucena City, Naga City, Negros Oriental, Zamboanga del Sur, and Davao City, which were formerly subject to MECQ, would now be subject to GCQ “with heightened limitations” until July 31, according to Roque.
From July 16 to 22, Roque stated, the GCQ classification “with heightened limitations” would be applied in Aklan, Bacolod City, Antique, and Capiz.
For the whole month of July, Aklan, Bacolod City, Antique, and Capiz were expected to be free of GCQ limitations.
The remainder of the nation, according to Roque, would continue to be subject to the least stringent modified GCQ (MGCQ).
According to Roque, Duterte has already authorized the new quarantine categories.