Boracay Island is ready to welcome guests once again
Residents in regions designated as general community quarantine (GCQ) and modified GCQ are now permitted to visit Boracay Island as tourists, as provided for in Resolution 118A of the National Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) for the Management of Emerging and Infectious Diseases (EID).
Tourists from Metro Manila (National Capital Region), Cavite, Bulacan, Rizal, and Laguna are already permitted to access since these regions are under GCQ, according to Felix Gregorio Delos Santos, Director of the Malay Tourism Office.
Tourists from such locations will be subject to the same process and regulations, despite the fact that they are currently expected to utilize the S-PaSS (Safe, Swift, and Smart Passage) online travel management service.
At a phone conversation, he added, “We still need the negative RT-PCR, booking in DOT-accredited accommodation places, QR code, valid ID, itinerary, and flight details.”
Tourists may employ saliva testing or a nasopharyngeal swab test for a negative reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) test if they take it 72 hours before their trip.
Tourists aged 2 and under, on the other hand, are free from the negative RT-PCR requirement.
In the meanwhile, the provincial administration of Aklan will still have to verify any papers given by visitors.
While Delos Santos could not yet assess the effect of tourists from those locations, he said they are grateful since visitors from Western Visayas are insufficient to help the sector recover.
“We expect that they will increase our tourist arrivals; we should know by next week,” he continued.
Almost 1,700 people visited the island last month. According to him, the greatest daily arrival was 161 and the lowest was 11.
On the island, over 268 enterprises with a total of 6,000 rooms have been granted permission to operate.
He also said that all Covid-19 instances on the island have been controlled, and surgical lockdown is no longer in effect.
Boracay has a total of 318 instances from the barangays of Manocmanoc, Balabag, and Yapak combined.
According to the Malay Inter-Agency Task Force Against Covid-19’s June 1, 2021 health report, 26 cases are active, 291 have recovered, and one has died.