WebAdmin 1 0 0 5 min to read

Manila proclaims a one-week ‘health break,’ suspending classes.

Under Executive Order No. 07, the Manila City government has announced a one-week “health break” from online and physical sessions for students in the city from January 14 to 21.

Manila Mayor Francisco ‘Isko Moreno’ Domagoso said in a press conference on Thursday that classes will be delayed because of the rising number of people affected with the coronavirus disease 2019. (Covid-19).

Programs will be suspended at all levels, including online and physical classes, in all private and public schools in the city.

“Marami tayong mga guro ngayon infected, marami rin tayong mga estudyante infected ng (We have many teachers and pupils infected with) Covid-19,” Domagoso added.

“…Para magkaron ng health break naman ang lahat, mabawasan ang anxiety level ng teacher at makapag pahinga yung mga teacher kasi most of them are still conducting online classes despite their infection, eh kawawa naman (So we could take a health break and help reduce the anxiety level of teachers so they can rest),” he added.

Meanwhile, Domagoso said that the booster injection drive-through immunization drive at the Quirino Grandstand will be open 24 hours starting at 12 a.m. on Friday.

During his site tour on Thursday morning, he said the local administration made the choice after seeing the high demand from four-wheel vehicle owners.

The drive-through vaccination facility was supposed to be limited to 300 automobiles, but by 11 a.m., it had already reached 240.

According to Domagoso, this just indicates that a large number of people are eager to undergo the Covid-19 booster doses.

Following the extension, Domagoso stated that the municipal authority will no longer have a restriction on the number of automobiles it can accommodate in Luneta.

He further stated that the immunization station, like all others in the city, will be open to both Manila and non-Manila people.

Individuals who wish to receive a booster shot must simply bring their vaccination cards and present them.

“Itutuloy natin, papalawakin natin, pahahabain natin, gagawin nating unli hangga’t may bakuna,” Domagoso added. “We will continue, extend, and make this unlimited as long as we have vaccine supply.”

He added the city presently possesses roughly 200,000 doses of several types of Covid-19 vaccines provided by the federal government, as well as AstraZeneca vaccines previously purchased by the municipal administration.

The city government had administered a total of 3,112,568 Covid-19 vaccine doses as of 8 p.m. on Wednesday.

1,634,918 of them have already received their first dose, while 1,517,217 have now been totally protected.

A total of 234,884 minors between the ages of 12 and 17 have received their Covid-19 vaccine doses, with 125,234 receiving their first dose and 109,650 receiving their full vaccination.

A total of 208,521 Covid-19 booster injection doses have been delivered by the city.

Please follow and like us:
error1
fb-share-icon
Tweet 2k
fb-share-icon20
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
error

Enjoy this blog? Please spread the word :)

0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x