June 10, 2021

Palace: PRRD is correct in claiming that the Edsa traffic has improved

According to Malacañang, President Rodrigo Duterte provided the “correct information” that the government has been able to alleviate traffic congestion along Edsa, Metro Manila’s primary and busiest highway.

This comes after Duterte claimed that his government had already delivered on its vow to decongest Edsa.

In a virtual news conference, Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque declared, “Tama ang impormasyon ni Presidente (The President has the correct information).”

Duterte stated the traffic flow along Edsa had improved in an exclusive interview with SMNI that aired Tuesday night.

The funds, according to Duterte, were utilized to upgrade the country’s metropolitan’ transportation infrastructure.

Duterte mentioned the fact that the travel time between Cubao and the Ninoy Aquino International Airport in Pasay City is now just 15 minutes as evidence that the traffic condition along Edsa has improved.

Duterte’s words, according to Roque, are not based on hearsay.

He credited the government’s infrastructure initiatives for the improved traffic along Edsa.

“Hindi po haka-haka iyan,” says the speaker. (This isn’t just a guess.) That is based on a commercial decision, predictions, and real realities today na mas maraming dumadaan na ngayon, nagkakaroon ng (that cars do not have to travel via Edsa),” he added.

Transportation Secretary Arthur Tugade previously said that the traffic situation along Edsa is now better organized, adding that there are now acceptable spaces for passenger loading and unloading, as well as a reduction in commuter travel time.

The Duterte administration’s ambitious “Build, Build, Build” infrastructure initiative is seen as a solution to Metro Manila’s traffic congestion.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x