WebAdmin 19 0 0 4 min to read

The shortened term for boosting is welcomed by a Duterte adviser.

Joey Concepcion, Presidential Adviser for Entrepreneurship and creator of Go Negosyo, praised the Department of Health (DOH) for responding to the private sector’s request to reduce the period between the second dosage of Covid-19 vaccine and the booster shot.

“We need to move quickly to be ahead of the game before the immunity from the first two dosages wears out. “Now that cases are low and vaccine supply is stable, we are in a strong position to improve our protection and maintain our ‘Bakuna Bubble’ intact,” Concepcion said in a statement on Wednesday.

Individuals who completed their AstraZeneca, Moderna, Pfizer, Sinovac, or Sputnik jabs can obtain a single-dose booster as soon as three months after the second dosage, and those who received the single-dose Janssen vaccination as soon as two months.

Concepcion and the OCTA Research Group requested last week that the government reduce the time between the last treatment and the booster shot to four months.

This is because, according to OCTA Research Fellow Fr. Nicanor Austriaco, the efficacy of Covid-19 vaccines “substantially reduces at roughly five months” or sooner depending on the vaccination brand.

“We are delighted that the Department of Health responded to our call. “We want to express our gratitude to Sec. Charlie Galvez, Sec. Francisco Duque, Dr. Edsel Salvaa, and the vaccination expert group, which included Dr. Gene Solante and FDA Director General Eric Domingo, for accepting the private sector’s proposal to provide the booster early,” Concepcion stated.

Speeding up the booster doses will help the country “achieve a win against Covid-19,” according to Concepcion.

“This demand for early boosting is critical in preventing Omicron from wreaking havoc on us.” Our numbers are currently at an all-time low and are continuing to decline. This isn’t a stroke of luck. This was planned, therefore we’ll need to bolster our defenses right away. “We have a lot of vaccines today that will expire if we don’t use them,” Concepcion added.

Earlier, Assistant Secretary Wilben Mayor of the National Task Force Against Covid-19 indicated that while the national government is distributing booster shots, it will continue to deliver primary doses to people who have not had their vaccinations.

Mayor said that the government hopes to vaccinate 54 million Filipinos by the end of the year.

Please follow and like us:
error1
fb-share-icon
Tweet 2k
fb-share-icon20
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
error

Enjoy this blog? Please spread the word :)

0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x