WebAdmin 36 0 0 5 min to read

The Palace promises that the budget for 2022 will be signed before the end of the year.

President Rodrigo Duterte will sign the proposed national budget for 2022 before the end of the year, according to Malacanang.

After Senate President Vicente “Tito” Sotto III said that Duterte’s signing of next year’s budget had been postponed, Cabinet Secretary Karlo Nograles gave this guarantee.

The signature of next year’s budget has been postponed, according to Nograles, who is also the acting presidential spokeswoman, because the Office of the President is still vetting and studying it.

“Yung review process at pagsusuri ng budget, hindi pa po natatapos…

Budget book naman naman naman naman naman na Ilang libro na kailangang isa-isahin (We haven’t completed the review process and budget assessment… The budget book is quite large. We have a lot of volumes to go through one by one),” he remarked at a press conference at the Palace.

He did say, though, that Duterte will sign the budget for next year before December 31 to avoid the government operating on a reenacted budget.

“Ilang araw na lamang po at matatapos na rin yung (review process will be done in a few days) review process and the President will sign the budget immediately,” he said.

“We’d like to reassure the public that the budget will be signed,” he said. “President Duterte will sign the budget for 2022 before December 31,” he continued. “Pipirmahan po ni Pangulong Duterte ang budget for 2022 bago pa man sumapit ang (President Duterte will sign the budget for 2022 before) December 31,” he added.

The bicameral conference committee report on the 2022 General Appropriations Bill (GAB) was ratified separately by the House of Representatives and the Senate on Dec. 15.

Duterte is anticipated to sign the proposed budget by Tuesday afternoon, according to Acting Budget Secretary Tina Rose Canda, with some measures up for veto.

“I only recall one item that was to be vetoed.” “However, I don’t believe I am in a position to disclose it at this time because it is still under evaluation,” she explained.

Senator Christopher “Bong” Go previously stated that Duterte will hasten the study of next year’s budget in order for the government to have a budget for the restoration of areas affected by Typhoon Odette and the reaction to Covid-19.

Last week, Duterte proclaimed a state of calamity in six typhoon-affected areas to expedite relief and reconstruction work, promising to set aside PHP10 billion for typhoon assistance.

Please follow and like us:
error1
fb-share-icon
Tweet 2k
fb-share-icon20
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
error

Enjoy this blog? Please spread the word :)

0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x