WebAdmin 19 0 0 5 min to read

Private hospitals are being invited to take advantage of a new funding program.

Malacanang asked private hospitals to use the Philippine Health Insurance Corp.’s (PhilHealth) new payment structure on Wednesday, saying that if reimbursements are limited, more patients will suffer.

“The best way is to participate in DCPM 3 so that hospitals may get fresh funds and their service to the people—patients in need of hospital care—will not be affected,” Acting Presidential Spokesperson Cabinet Secretary Karlo Nograles said in a Palace press briefing.

Patients will be “victims” if the dispute between PhilHealth and private hospitals is not resolved, he said.

“Kasi ang magiging biktima nito ay mga pasyente, kung wala pong pondo, wala pong pera ang hospitals, and mahihirapan po silang magserbisyo sa taumbayan, sa kanilang mga pasyente (The victims here are patients.) Hospitals will struggle to provide service to the people, their patients, if they lack funding,” he continued.

According to Nograles, PhilHealth has expedited the delivery of PHP11.064 billion for payment of claims through the DCPM to hospital partners worldwide as part of its third wave.

“The DCPM 3 is now available to all hospitals serving Covid patients and those providing the PhilHealth testing package.” And 182 hospitals have signed a letter of intent to join in DCPM 3 so far,” he stated.

DCPM 3 allows qualified hospitals to get funding quickly while their reimbursement claims are being processed.

The hospitals will get 60% of the funds initially, while the other 40% will be paid once all processing criteria have been met.

“And para maka-avail po sila nitong DCPM 3, panawagan po ng PhilHealth ay makipag-ugnayan sa kanila.” And alam po natin na maraming requirement, mga papeles na kinakailangang ipakita sa PhilHealth, so iyong DCPM is the quickest manner na ma-release po ang pera (PhilHealth is urging private hospitals to collaborate with them so they can take advantage of DCPM 3. And we know there are a lot of regulations and papers that need to be submitted to PhilHealth, so DCPM is the quickest option to get money),” he explained.

“Why don’t we all just comply, and take advantage of DCPM 3?” Nobody will suffer in that case, especially the iyong mga pasyente ng mga hospitals (hospital patients),” he continued.

Following citizen and patient groups’ requests, the Private Hospitals Association of the Philippines (PHAPi) stated on Wednesday that it will postpone its scheduled “PhilHealth holiday” from January 1 to 5, 2022.

In support of other hospitals that have indicated plans to cut ties with the state insurance over millions in unpaid claims, PHAPi earlier advised its members not to accept claims for PhilHealth deductions for health services from January 1 to 5, 2022.

Please follow and like us:
error1
fb-share-icon
Tweet 2k
fb-share-icon20
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
error

Enjoy this blog? Please spread the word :)

0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x