The Department of Tourism (DOT) announced on Friday that starting November 22, the hotel quarantine…
The DOT is investigating a hotel for allegedly violating quarantine regulations.
Following claims that it enabled a guest from the United States to evade quarantine protocols, a hotel in Metro Manila is being investigated.
Bernadette Romulo-Puyat, the Secretary of Tourism, did not name the hotel but said the Department of Tourism (DOT) had already issued a notice to explain (NTE) asking the business in question to respond to the claims within three days.
According to a viral social media post, a returning Filipino from the United States departed the hotel for a party in Makati City before completing the required quarantine time.
The DOT is in contact with the relevant authorities, according to Romulo-Puyat, to verify the reports.
Individuals who break quarantine rules could face fines and imprisonment, she said.
“Failure to comply with the DOT’s, Department of Health’s, or Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases’ (IATF-EID) health and safety protocols may result in criminal penalties such as fines and/or imprisonment, as well as administrative penalties such as suspension or revocation of accreditation, depending on the gravity of the offense,” she said.