WebAdmin 7 0 0 5 min to read

Marcos intends to have an “excellent relationship” with the mainstream media.

MANILA, Philippines — During his six-year term as the country’s top official, President-elect Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. will have an “excellent relationship” with the mainstream media, according to his incoming press chief.

Trixie Cruz-Angeles, the Press Secretary-designate, assured GMA News’ Unang Balita that Marcos will maintain good relations with the media.

“Wala naman pong nagbago,” she says (Nothing has changed). “It will be the same as it has been in the past,” Cruz-Angeles stated. “So far, the President-[elect] and the mainstream media have enjoyed a good working relationship. So far, we haven’t noticed any differences.”

Marcos also promised that his administration will be “transparent,” according to Cruz-Angeles and that he will “frequently” address the media.

Cruz-Angeles, on the other hand, was unable to say how frequently Marcos would meet with the press, emphasizing that the President-” working elect’s style” would only be revealed once he assumed office.

“We have to see what he’ll be like kapag nandoon na sa Malacanang (when he’s already there).” As a result, titignan pa po natin (let us see). “However, he promises a transparent government and would address the media on a regular basis,” she said.

There is no one to speak for them.

Cruz-Angeles further stressed that Marcos does not want a spokesperson appointed.

She made the statement in response to allegations that Marcos is considering Karen Jimeno, a former Public Works Undersecretary, or Rigoberto Tiglao, a journalist, as his spokesperson.

“Maliwanag po ‘yung statement ni President-elect (The President-statement elect’s is obvious),” she remarked. “Hindi pa po nagbabago ‘yung polisiya na ‘yun, as far as I know.” We’re functioning on that principle for the time being since we don’t have any information about what’s going on.”

If Marcos chooses to appoint a spokeswoman, Cruz-Angeles said she will make an announcement.

Examining the present accreditation policy for vloggers

Cruz-Angeles stated that the incoming PCOO would do a comprehensive assessment of Malacaang’s existing policy on vlogger accreditation to see if now is the “appropriate moment” to allow them to cover presidential events and activities.

She was referring to Department Order (DO) 15, which was issued on Aug. 8, 2017 by outgoing Communications Secretary Martin Andanar and directed the Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO)-Social Media Office to construct a provisional social media practitioner accreditation scheme.

DO 15 grants entry to Malacaan Palace to Filipino social media users who are at least 18 years old and have at least 5,000 followers on any social media platform.

Cruz-Angeles, who was a part of the PCOO led by Andanar when the policy for vloggers was drafted, expressed disappointment that the order has not been followed under the current administration.

“Gumawa kami ng polisiya (We designed a policy),” she explained, “but it was not executed.”

Her communications team will investigate the potential of a separate briefing for social media influencers, she said.

“Wala pa pong desisyon (There is now no choice),” Cruz-Angeles stated. “So, una ang gagawin namin rerepasuhin namin at tignan namin din kung naaangkop na ang panahon para ma-admit ang ilang mga social media practitioners dito sa Malacaang briefing and so on”

Please follow and like us:
error1
fb-share-icon
Tweet 2k
fb-share-icon20
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
error

Enjoy this blog? Please spread the word :)

0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x