WebAdmin 2 0 0 4 min to read

A team of Bicol police officers has been dispatched to towns affected by the volcanic eruption.

The Police Regional Office in Bicol (PRO-5) despatched the Reactionary Standby Support Force (RSSF) to the province of Sorsogon in reaction to the phreatic explosion of the Bulusan Volcano on Sunday morning.

Maj. Malu Calubaquib, PRO-5 spokesperson, said the one-platoon RSSF unit was deployed to help civilians in the towns of Juban, Casiguran, and Irosin in an interview on Monday.

“Our regional director, Brig. Gen. Mario Reyes, has authorized the Sorsogon Police Provincial Office to assist in the evacuation of the affected people.” In collaboration with the Municipal Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office, Philippine Coast Guard, and Philippine Army, food packs, water, and other critical goods were supplied,” Calubaquib stated.

PRO-5’s desalination capability equipment, she noted, will give free, clean, and potable water to the residents of the affected areas.

“We’re absolutely set on assisting and assisting our fellow Sorsogonon.” In order to effectively address the current crisis, we are also constantly coordinating with our partner agencies to monitor the latest reports on the status of Bulusan Volcano,” Reyes stated in a statement.

Bulusan Volcano blasted a thick plume at around 10:30 a.m. Sunday, generating ash falls in some areas of Sorsogon, prompting the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology to raise Alert Level 1 over the volcano.

Due to significant ashfall and unpleasant stench from the ash in the area, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council stated 50 families or 180 people from Barangay Puting Sapa in Juban town in Sorsogon had been evacuated as of Monday midday.

The majority of the evacuees, according to the agency, are youngsters, pregnant women, and senior persons.

Puting Sapa Elementary School, Sangkayon Elementary School, and Anog Elementary School were also closed due to the ashfall.

Meanwhile, the Bicol regional office of the Department of Social Welfare Development (DSWD) promised families affected by the volcanic eruption that the agency would continue to provide them with food and hygiene kits.

“We do constant assessments and validate data to determine whether the afflicted families require additional kits,” said Marites Quismorio, chief of the DSWD-Bicol disaster response management division.

According to DSWD data as of noon Monday, the towns of Juban and Irosin had 1,850 families or 9,252 people affected.

75 families were relocated to evacuation centers from the total number of families.

As long as the Bulusan Volcano is on Alert Level 1, the DSWD anticipates the number of evacuees to climb.

A total of 1,000 family food packs and 75 hygiene kits have been distributed to displaced families by the organization.

Quismorio stated that at least 24,919 family food packs worth PHP12 million have been pre-positioned at DSWD warehouses in Albay, Catanduanes, and Masbate City and are ready for distribution.

Please follow and like us:
error1
fb-share-icon
Tweet 2k
fb-share-icon20
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
error

Enjoy this blog? Please spread the word :)

0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x