MANILA, Philippines — The Philippine Army (PA) has announced intentions to expand its Brigade Combat…
The Philippine Arena is being considered a viewing area for the BBM inauguration.
MANILA – The Philippine National Police (PNP) is considering the Philippine Arena as one of the best locations to place giant LED televisions so that more people may watch President-elect Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr.’s inauguration on June 30.
“If the Philippine Arena were used as a distant viewing area, it could hold roughly 70,000 inside and another 100,000 outside, particularly in the front portion of the arena,” PNP Director of Operations Maj. Gen. Valeriano de Leon said in a statement on Sunday.
De Leon said they are presently in talks with Marcos’ camp about using the Philippine Arena in Bulacan as one of the viewing venues, as well as other key locations that can handle a huge crowd.
Aside from the Philippine Arena, De Leon said the Philippine Sports Center in Pasig City, which can hold up to 40,000 people, would be another location where they may set up a viewing area for live streaming of the inauguration.
They would also lobby for the usage of the North Luzon Express Terminal in Bulacan and the Mall of Asia in Pasay City, according to him.
“If viewing areas were set up in these locations, the number of people visiting the National Museum in Manila, which can only handle a certain number of people, would be considerably reduced,” De Leon added.
According to him, about 1,200 individuals will be permitted inside the National Museum based on the preliminary assessment.
He also stated that other viewing sites will be established in other sections of the country.
De Leon stated they are now working with the management and owners of giant LED televisions along Edsa and everywhere in the country to enable the live streaming of Marco’s inauguration as the country’s 17th President.
“Let us put the business aspect aside for a few hours on June 30th, since it is the entire Filipino people who will gain from this, whether they voted for the President-elect or not,” he continued.
According to De Leon, the plan is gaining traction among LED television owners and managers, as well as other industries.
He had already directed regional commanders to choose suitable locations in their regions of responsibility where enormous TV displays could be placed up for the inauguration day on June 30.
“Based on the recommendations of our Regional Directors and in cooperation with the camp of our President-elect Bongbong Marcos, we are constantly discussing the placement of these viewing spots,” De Leon said.
Everything is in working order.
The National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) said all systems are in place to ensure Marcos, the son of former President Ferdinand E. Marcos Sr., has a secure inauguration.
NCRPO chief Maj. Gen. Felipe Natividad said in a statement on Saturday night that final security preparations had been set out and concluded to ensure success, zero casualties, and any untoward occurrence.
“At this time, we are not tracking any threats ahead of time,” Natividad added, “but we are regularly and closely watching and coordinating with our counterparts.”
Various roads will be closed, a one-kilometer radius around the National Museum will be declared a no-fly zone for drones and aircraft, and several ports and waterways near the museum will be investigated, according to him.
Guns will be prohibited from 6 a.m. on June 27 to 6 a.m. on July 1, according to Natividad, who said that only police, military, and other law enforcement officers who are conducting official responsibilities in specified uniforms would be allowed to carry firearms.
Heavy traffic is predicted, particularly on highways heading to and from the National Museum, therefore motorists are encouraged to seek alternate routes.
Backpacks will also be prohibited in all VIP sections to guarantee everyone’s safety.
For Marcos’ inauguration, at least 6,000 police officers will be deployed.