WebAdmin 1 0 0 3 min to read

Fisheries production in Central Luzon increased marginally in Q1

In the first three months of this year, Central Luzon’s overall fisheries production climbed by 1.8 percent.

The region’s total fisheries production for the first quarter of the year was 97,440.2 metric tons, up from 95,745 metric tons in the same period of 2021, according to the most recent data from the Philippine Statistics Authority-Regional Statistical Services Office-Central Luzon (PSA-RSSO 3).

Officer-in-Charge of PSO RSSO 3 According to research by Arlene Divino, the small gain was due to increases in the commercial and aquaculture fisheries, which were 36 percent and 6.6 percent, respectively.

According to data, the first quarter’s aquaculture farm yield was predicted to have been 84,584.8 metric tons, up from 79,350.6 metric tons in 2021.

The production of commercial fisheries in Central Luzon, on the other hand, increased by 36% to 870.1 metric tons from 639.7 metric tons in 2021.

Additionally, according to the data, the volume of production in municipal fisheries fell by 23.9 percent in the first quarter of 2022.

Municipal fisheries produced 11,985.2 metric tons in the first quarter of this year as opposed to 15,754.7 metric tons in the same time in 2021.

Production of marine municipal fisheries fell from 8,662.1 metric tons in the first quarter of 2021 by 5.7 percent.

The production of inland fisheries also decreased, from 7,092.6 metric tons in 2021 to 3,815.6 metric tons in 2022, a decrease of 46.2 percent.

In the first quarter of 2022, marine fisheries made up the majority of municipal fisheries production—68.2 percent—while inland municipal fisheries made up the remaining 31.8 percent.

Please follow and like us:
error1
fb-share-icon
Tweet 2k
fb-share-icon20
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
error

Enjoy this blog? Please spread the word :)

0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x