MANILA, Philippines — It is "prudent," according to President Rodrigo R. Duterte, to keep classes…
DOH reiterates that Alert Level 1 permits F2F classes.
Under Alert Level 1, face-to-face classes can resume in their entirety, a health official said on Wednesday.
Health Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire stressed in an online media conference that the Inter-Agency Task Force on the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases’ rules require that the start of classes be related to the alert level system.
She said, “At ang sabi kapag tayo ay nasa Alert Level 1, maaari tayong mag (It stated under Alert Level 1, we may have face-to-face [lessons], it’s 100% or full capacity, Alert Level 2, we only have limited regions.
Vergeire was responding to parents’ worries about whether the Department of Health supports the restart of in-person classes.
Unang-una hindi tayo magbubukas [ng klase] kung may nakikitang risk po sa ating mga kabataan kapag sila’y bumalik sa kanilang mga eskwelahan (first and foremost, we won’t open [classes] if there are hazards when they go back to school),” she remarked in response to the paranoia,
Health professionals suggest that since children have already been in lockdown for more than two years, it is important to take into account their mental health.
“Now is the time for us to let them return to school so they can engage with their peers, teachers, and other people.
Vergeire stated, “The government won’t let them take risks if they attend class. Hinding hindi po papayag ang gobyerno na sila po ay magkaroon ng risk kapag sila po ay pumasok.”
The “greatest safeguard” for kids attending in-person sessions, according to her, is getting them immunized against Covid-19.
In the same event, doctor Anna Ong-Lim, a member of the Department of Health (DOH) Technical Advisory Group, agreed with Vergeire that the country’s response must be proportionate to how serious the issue is.
Because the virus is still not fully understood, she explained, “when the pandemic started, our response was focused on the constraints of community mobility because there was not much that could be done other than to control individual mobility to impose the prevention of transmission.”
She mentioned that appropriate ventilation, mask use, physical separation, and immunization could stop the spread of the coronavirus.
The National Vaccination Operations Center (NVOC) emphasized the vital role that children who receive the Covid-19 vaccination played in the country’s widespread return to face-to-face instruction.
Health Undersecretary Myrna Cabotaje, the chairperson of the NVOC, asked parents to let their kids enroll in the Covid-19 primary in order to get ready for the safe and healthy reopening of physical education classes in the midst of the ongoing pandemic.
Importantly, we know that we will be attending face-to-face classes. It is therefore extremely crucial that our children are protected with the primary doses, as Cabotaje stated in a Laging Handa briefing. “That’s really important because we know that the face-to-face will now resume, so it is extremely crucial that our children are protected with the primary doses,” Cabotaje said.
The government’s intention to execute a full reopening of actual courses, according to outgoing Education Secretary Leonor Briones, will depend on the DOH’s recommendation, local government units’ readiness, and parents’ cooperation and involvement.
Vaccinated youngsters between the ages of 12 and 17 were urged by Cabotaje to receive their third dosage or booster doses.
Immunocompromised teenagers between the ages of 12 and 17 were previously permitted by the DOH to get Covid-19 booster doses.
Pfizer BioNTech vaccines for adolescents can now be given as booster doses up to 28 days following the second dose of the primary series according to an emergency use license from the nation’s Food and Drug Administration.
In the Philippines, there are currently about 3.3 million kids and nearly 9.5 million teenagers who have had their entire coronavirus vaccination.