Oliver Bugarin 7 0 0 5 min to read

500 instances of acute gastroenteritis have been reported in Iloilo City.

The acute gastroenteritis (AGE) has not yet subsided in Iloilo City, where 35 new cases over the weekend brought the total number of cases there to 522, while the province of Iloilo has already seen 36 cases from the 13 that it had as of September 11.

It hasn’t yet started to fall. In a press conference on Monday, an acting officer of the City Health Office (CHO), Dr. Annabelle Tang, discussed the state of cases in the city. “We thought it was going down; sadly, it is not done yet,” she added.

She said that AGE had spread to 105 of the 180 barangays in the city.

Cases of cholera are still at 12.

“We are constantly providing thorough health information. The Department of Health (DOH) is also with us and offered us medications simultaneously, she continued.

The city government and Metro Pacific Iloilo Water have worked closely together to provide bulk water to the impacted districts. A total of 61 static tanks have been installed to handle water delivery.

1,534 of the 14,933 wells that were examined have received chlorination.

99 water refilling stations were discovered to be out of compliance after a total of 358 were inspected; 38 of them have already been closed down by the CHO and the Business Permits and Licensing Office, and 34 others voluntarily halted operations.

The Office also delivered 10,000 liters of water for Civil Defense, and they were dispersed among other schools.

In addition, vaccines will be purchased, according to the acting health officer, and distributed, particularly in regions where instances are concentrated.

In a separate media interview, the director of the Iloilo Provincial Health Office (IPHO), Dr. Maria Socorro Quion, stated that of the province’s 36 cases, 10 were reported from the municipality of Tigbauan; Oton and Sta. Barbara each had nine cases; Pavia had three; and the towns of Anilao, Barotac Nuevo, Dingle, Pototan, and San Dionisio each had one case.

She stated that 20 of the cases were admitted and making progress, 10 were making progress at home and six had already made progress.

According to her, the majority of the cases included people between the ages of 1 and 10 (13), 11 to 20 (eight), 31 to 40 (six), less than 1 year (three), and 41 and over (three).

Quinon said that the IPHO had been working closely with the affected municipal health departments.

She claimed that since January, they have been supplying water testing kits and chlorine granules to local government entities to improve their ability to test deep wells.

In June and July, rural sanitation inspectors received training on food handling, water quality, and food-borne illnesses.

The zero open defecation policy has also ensured that water refilling stations operating in the province adhere to their updated monthly water testing.

Quinon urged people to buy their food and water from reputable sources, exercise hygienic habits like routine hand washing, and wear face masks.

She continued by saying that the three instances of cholera in the province were all linked to the water supplies in Iloilo City.


***
We appreciate your reading. You may also consider sharing it with others.
Please comment below if you found this post interesting.
Be one of our DONOR / SPONSOR to support NextGenDay news website.
***
Please follow and like us:
error1
fb-share-icon
Tweet 2k
fb-share-icon20
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
error

Enjoy this blog? Please spread the word :)

0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x