15 0 0 4 weeks ago 5 min to read

CSC advises college honor grads to submit an eligibility application

The Public Service Commission (CSC) encouraged recent and incoming college graduates with summa cum laude, magna cum laude, or cum laude Latin honors to file for eligibility with the Commission, which they can use to apply for government positions, on Monday to improve the quality of public service.

Honor graduates do not need to take the test to be eligible for the civil service. According to CSC Chairperson Karlo Nograles, “The fact that they graduated with honors is considered a sufficient basis to determine merit and excellence for public employment.”

According to Presidential Decree No. 907 issued on March 11, 1976, the CSC grants the Honor Graduate Eligibility (HGE) to Latin honor graduates of Private Higher Education Institutions (PHEI) in the Philippines from School Year 1972–1973 onward with baccalaureate or bachelor’s degrees recognized by the Commission on Higher Education.

The HGE is also awarded to Latin honor graduates from state or local colleges and universities that grant baccalaureate and bachelor’s degrees as part of their charter requirements or whose degrees have been properly accepted by their board of trustees or regents.

Nograles believed that Latin-honored college graduates would take advantage of this statute, as it guarantees them instant induction into public service and involvement in public affairs.

As long as they are Filipino nationals, Latin honor graduates from a reputable foreign institution that the Department of Foreign Affairs has authenticated through Philippine Foreign Service Posts may also apply for Foreign School Honor Graduate Eligibility (FSHGE).

The HGE and FSHGE are second-level credentials that allow people to apply for and obtain permanent posts in the government’s first and second tiers. These jobs are exempt from requirements set forth by the bar, board, or other laws and do not need the practice of a certain profession.

However, the award of HGE and FSHGE does not include any academic honors, distinctions, or awards, such as Highest Academic Distinction, Dean’s List with Distinction, and Honorable Mention.

Applications for HGE may be sent to the CSC Regional Office or any of its Field Offices, depending on which office has jurisdiction over the institution the applicant graduated from.

On the other hand, those applying for the FSHGE can do so at the closest CSC Regional or Field Office to where they are presently stationed.

The CSC website is located at www.csc.gov.ph/special-eligibilities, where you can find the full list of requirements and application guidelines.

The CSC awarded HGE to 15,559 people in 2022, but only three people received FSHGE.

QR Code

Save/Share this story with QR CODE

We appreciate your reading. 😊Simple Ways To Say Thanks & Support Us:
1.) ❤️GIVE A TIP. Send a small donation thru Paypal😊❤️
Subscribers in the Philippines can make donations to mobile number 0917 906 3081, thru GCash.
2.) Be one of our SPONSOR or GUEST POST and GET a website backlink. We can publish your PR stories, news articles, and company promotion for your products/services as additional exposure.
4.) 👍 Give this news article a THUMBS UP, and Leave a Comment (at Least Five Words).

World Class Nutritional Supplements - Buy Highest Quality Products, Purest Most Healthy Ingredients, Direct to your Door! Up to 90% OFF.
Join LiveGood Today - A company created to satisfy the world's most demanding leaders and entrepreneurs, with the best compensation plan today.

Please follow and like us:
Tweet 2k
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Enjoy this blog? Please spread the word :)

Would love your thoughts, please comment.x