Following the successful first nationwide vaccination drive performed last week, the Department of Labor and…
Workers affected by ‘Odette’ will be profiled by the Department of Labor in VisMin.
The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) will begin profiling workers in the Visayas and Mindanao who were impacted by Typhoon Odette.
“Our TUPAD (Tulong Panghanapbuhay sa Ating Disadvantaged/Displaced Workers) program is now fully operational. This is what we do in the event of a calamity, typhoon, or other man-made or natural disasters. Regions 7 (Central Visayas), 8 (Eastern Visayas), 5 (Bicol), 11 (Davao region), and Caraga were all affected. “We will begin profiling people affected by the disaster, notably our informal employees,” Ma. Karen Trayvilla, director of the Bureau of Workers with Special Concerns, said during the agency’s year-end press conference on Friday.
Trayvilla went on to say that they hope to provide job aid as soon as January of next year, if not sooner.
“If we are unable to aid them this year, we have guaranteed them that support will be provided next year.” That’s why we need to know how many people have been displaced from the informal sector as a result of ‘Odette,'” Trayvilla added.
The typhoon was said to have impacted more than 140,000 people on the two islands.
The TUPAD is assisting displaced workers with emergency job placement.
Beneficiaries will be employed for at least 10 days and up to 30 days under the program, and will be paid at the current minimum wage in the region where they are hired.