77 0 0 4 min to read

Energy, transportation, and digitization investment plans are addressed by PBBM and GIP.

President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. met with Global Infrastructure Partners (GIP), a New York-based company, to discuss prospective investments in the energy and transportation sectors and the Philippines’ push for digital transformation.

Marcos, presently in London, uploaded many pictures on his official Facebook page on Saturday of his meeting with GIP executives, including chairperson Bayo Ogunlesi.

The GIP executives and Marcos discussed ways to improve the Philippines’ infrastructure, according to the Office of the President (OP).

“During the meeting, GIP expressed its commitment to investing in the priorities of the PBBM administration, including improving transportation system efficiency, increasing renewable energy production, and advancing digital transformation,” the OP stated.

GIP, a renowned international independent equity firm founded in 2006, currently manages USD 87 billion in assets on behalf of its investor base.

GIP seeks to invest in sectors including infrastructure for the energy, transportation, digital, and water industries. It collaborates with stakeholders and co-investors from the public sector to deliver infrastructure upgrades.

After Marcos’ quick tour of London’s Gatwick Airport to learn about its best practices, which may be adapted to the management of Philippine airports, he met with GIP officials.

Gatwick Airport is owned 50.01 percent by France-based VINCI Airports, and the GIP manages the remaining 49.99 percent.

‘Complete’ tour

The President flew to London on Saturday to see King Charles III of Britain’s historical coronation.

Marcos claimed he received “valuable insights” on the growth of Philippine airports during his “comprehensive” tour of Gatwick Airport’s infrastructure.

“We took full advantage of our time at Gatwick Airport by meeting with company officials and touring the entire facility. We gathered useful information to enhance Philippine airports and increase domestic tourism, the man stated.

Marcos is interested in learning about “best practices of its airport operations and seeing new technological advancements in the North Terminal,” the OP stated.

The second-largest airport in the UK, Gatwick Airport, is an essential component of the national infrastructure and a major engine of the local and global economies.

More than 40 airlines offer flights from the airport to over 150 short-haul and over 45 long-haul destinations.

Gatwick Airport is committed to long-term recovery and sustainable growth. By 2030, it hopes to achieve “net zero airport status” and boost capacity by regularly using its northern runway.

QR Code

Save/Share this story with QR CODE


Disclaimer

This article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute endorsement of any specific technologies or methodologies and financial advice or endorsement of any specific products or services.

πŸ“© Need to get in touch?

Feel free to Email Us for comments, suggestions, reviews, or anything else.


We appreciate your reading. 😊Simple Ways To Say Thanks & Support Us:
1.) ❀️GIVE A TIP. Send a small donation thru Paypal😊❀️
Your DONATION will be used to fund and maintain NEXTGENDAY.com
Subscribers in the Philippines can make donations to mobile number 0917 906 3081, thru GCash.
3.) πŸ›’ BUY or SIGN UP to our AFFILIATE PARTNERS.
4.) πŸ‘ Give this news article a THUMBS UP, and Leave a Comment (at Least Five Words).


AFFILIATE PARTNERS
LiveGood
World Class Nutritional Supplements - Buy Highest Quality Products, Purest Most Healthy Ingredients, Direct to your Door! Up to 90% OFF.
Join LiveGood Today - A company created to satisfy the world's most demanding leaders and entrepreneurs, with the best compensation plan today.


0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x